This is an easy gin-based drink that’s perfect for spring and summer celebrations. Make it for Mom on Mother’s Day. Sip it alongside a savory brunch dish. Or just savor it on your patio or backyard deck during one of those beautiful spring days. It’s strawberry-forward without being overly sweet and easy to drink even if you’re not a gin lover.
- 2 oz gin
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 3 strawberries + 1 for garnish (optional)
- 1 egg white
- Place simple syrup, lemon juice and 3 strawberries in a shaker tin and muddle to crush the strawberries
- Add gin and shake with ice for 15 seconds
- Double strain through a Hawthorne strainer and fine strainer back into shaker tin
- Add egg white and 1 ice cube and shake for an additional 15 seconds
- Free pour into a chilled coupe glass
- Garnish with a strawberry (optional) and enjoy
What I Like About This Drink:
- There’s just something about a PINK DRINK – it’s hard not to forget all your worries while enjoying it.
- People often think drinks with fruit are too sweet. This one is well-balanced while featuring the deliciousness of fresh strawberries.
- I love egg white drinks; they create such a smooth mouth feel. Even if the thought repulses you, I encourage you to try it at least once. If you still can’t stand the thought of raw eggs in your drink, you can use dry egg white powder dissolved in a bit of water or chickpea water.
If You Like This Drink, Also Try:
- The Clover Club, a classic pre-Prohibition cocktail from Philadelphia. Simply replace the strawberries with 4 or 5 raspberries.